Thursday, October 21, 2010

This week's Lessons & Book Bounty!




This week we are doing the letter Nn in Erica's Letter of the Week Curriculum.  I'm still introducing the letters in Handwriting without tears developmental teaching order.  I kinda thought since Naters knows her ABCs that she might ask why we aren't going in order but she has yet to say anything.  I also did get a chance to go to our local used book store and came home with 14 books for $5.00 and i was so happy to find A my name is Alice hardback!  what a wonderful, classic alphabet teaching book!!!  Sunday evenings I set aside 30 minutes to prepare my folders for the week and update the calendar with our shape, color, & number of the week as well as putting out the Sandpaper letters & flash cards for whatever letter we are doing for the week.  I normally do this without Naters involved, but this week I let her help me and she was thrilled to be setting things up for the coming week!  She enjoying being able to pick out the shape (square) , color (yellow) and number (Zero 0) of the week from each stash of cards.  from now on, i'm including her!!!  Dont Forget about my blog giveaway on my previous post.  comments open until October 31st!  Will draw a winner November 1st  fyi I've kept adding more to the prize--It's way more now!!!!  Thanks for looking -- becky

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I found your link over at Christian Frugal Mama for your giveaway. I've spent some time checking out your blog. You've got great ideas here and great organization. I love that you include your daughter in the weekly setup. Got me thinking I should do that with my girl. My daughters also know the alphabet but we are going in the order recommended by readinglessons.com. Tabitha actually thinks it is amusing that we are going out of order.
    Looks like you got some great books too.
    I am now following your blog.

    ReplyDelete