Sunday, January 16, 2011

Winter Weekend Crafts, January 2011

I've had this idea cooking in my head for a few weeks.  Wanted to build a snowman and then have Naters glue down some cotton balls for snow.  I little craft that we could display for the month.  I got the little hat for $0.45 and bought 3 sizes of styrofoam balls (more costly than i thought--but doable) and the rest of the items(buttons, beads, brown chenille sticks, glue, cotton balls, yarns & blue cardstock I already had on hand.  Naters was very excited to glue down the cotton balls.  I gave her a craft cup of glue and a paint brush showed her gluing down one cotton ball and I let her go to work!  I'm happy with how it turned out!



Second craft we did was to build the Gingerbread tree kit I bought yesterday for $1.00 on clearance at Michael's.  I thought she'd want to do the white tipped tree, but she didnt want any white frosting on the tree!  She had so much fun decorating this tree.  She did try to eat a piece and spit it out.  But the fun was in assembling and decorating.  I'd definately buy this kit again
(great for younger kids)
Thanks for looking!
becky

3 comments:

  1. Cute little girl! And cute snowman! Just found your blog! How old is your little girl? I was looking at your lakeshore stuff, just wondering what age she is so I could kinda base my stuff off of that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Brandi thanks for the compliments! Naters will be 41 months old tomorrow~

    ReplyDelete