Wednesday, June 1, 2011

FARM FUN Green Acres is the place for us in June!!!! Farm sensory bin








Naters is 45 months old!  This month since everyone is hoping to get their gardens planted (we've had massive amounts of rain) I thought i'd do a FARM theme for this month. I must say that I've had so much help with this one because there is such a good amount of great materials already out there on this topic. THANK YOU SO MUCH!! to the following ladies for their generosity in putting free materials out here in blog land:

Carisa at 1+1+1=1 for her Farm Tot Pack
Michelle at Musings of Me for her Farn Fun Pack
Mari-Ann at Counting Coconuts for her Farm Poem
Lauren at Lawteedah for her Farm Life Unit Study

This is the sensory tub I made for this month. I reused the popping corn I used in a tub from last year. I added in two canning jars, one wooden bowl in the shape of egg (thought that was appropriate) and I used Down on the Farm toob and Farm toob from Safari Ltd, Multi colored beads red=barn, green=tractor & crops, yellow=sun & chicks, wood beads=wood, pink=pigs, black & white-cows & chickens. That was the extent of my creativity for this tub!

I also have so farm themed coloring pages, some Farm Themed Foamies Stickers, and I found the above
Farm Sticker Gift box at Borders on clearance for $!2.97! We also got her a John Deere Tractor & trailer at a garage sale for $0.50. We will also be reading from her many Farm themed books this month. Today a local working farm is having their opening day for their petting farm for the Summer! We will go there this afternoon after her nap. They open up their farm as a petting farm evey Wednesday June through September. Naters gets to see cows, pigs, sheep, goats, chickens, geese, roosters, ponies, horses, reindeer (the only animal you cant pet), llamas, alpacas, and even a camel named Charlie!
Thanks for looking!!!
becky

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing all of these great links! I teach pre-k and I know I can get lots of use out of these!

    ReplyDelete